Monday, July 2, 2012

Chicken Salad with Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette


I had a delicious quick salad for dinner the other night. I feel like the last two months have been a constant battle to consume all the lettuce I get from the farm before I have to pick up some more. Most of the time, I'm eating the same salad - lettuce, carrots, peas or radishes, and honey mustard dressing. I'm happy with it, but it gets boring after so many weeks. I added some leftover tandoori chicken and dried cherries (they're not in the picture - I forgot them the first night, but ate them with my leftovers) and tried out a different dressing. Quick, easy and tasty. Served with my farro salad, it was a nice fresh meal for a hot summer night.

Chicken Salad with Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette
Inspired by Rachel Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals.

1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp tamari
1 1/2 tbsp canola oil
4 c salad greens
2 carrots, sliced (I used a purple one and a yellow one, for color)
1/3 c snow peas, sliced
3/4 c cooked chicken (mine was leftover tandoori chicken from the night before)
1/3 c dried cherries

Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.


In a larger bowl, combine greens, carrot, snow peas, chicken and cherries. Toss with dressing and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment