Friday, August 31, 2012

Farm Fridays: Cucumber-Yogurt Gazpacho


Leeks! Sunflowers! Edamame! Two watermelons! This week's CSA share is going to be fun. There's also a nice bunch of cilantro that I plan on using to can some heirloom tomato salsa this weekend! 


I've been in a bit of a rush today, since I'm going up to Rutherford tonight (soon, actually) but I stumbled upon the perfect recipe to blog on a busy day. This cucumber-yogurt gazpacho is really quick and easy. Just five ingredients and a whisk in the blender. It's the perfect cool, refreshing meal for a hot day like this. Hopefully my family will like it as much as I do!

Cucumber-Yogurt Gazpacho
Based on a recipe from Cooking Light: Way to Cook Vegetarian. ("Based on" means I glanced at the recipe and then did things my own way.)

2 large cucumbers
3 c Greek yogurt
2 c vegetable stock
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste 

Peel and seed your cucumbers (I find a melon baller really handy for tasks like this - I should start calling it my seed-scooper, since I've never even considered using it to make melon balls!), then chop them roughly.


Throw everything into a blender (my blender couldn't fit it all, so I divided everything into two mostly-even batches) and blend to your heart's content. Serve chilled, with minced cucumber for garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment